Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at the University of Minnesota is a vital community of older adults who are brought together by their intellectual curiosity and love of learning. An affiliated program of the university's College of Continuing Education, OLLI offers a wide range of volunteer-led courses and activities. "A health club for the mind" is the OLLI motto, and the organization's enthusiastic members make full use of their club's many programs.
Founded in 1995 as the Elder Learning Institute, OLLI at the U of M joined the national network of lifelong-learning institutes supported by the Bernard Osher Foundation in 2004. Today the organization has more than 1200 dues-paying members and offers around 300 stimulating courses each year. The volunteer course leaders are experts in their fields and eager to share their knowledge with others. There are no tests and no grades—just the excitement of learning and discussing something new.
OLLI also offers a wide range of programs outside the classroom. Members can choose from more than 30 Special Interest Groups centered on activities ranging from knitting and play reading to kayaking and discussing articles in Scientific American. Travel programs related to OLLI courses provide another opportunity to make new friends and share interests. Recent trips have taken OLLI members to Brazil, Portugal, and Spain, where eating new and delicious cuisine was an important part of the learning experience.
If you are interested in sharing knowledge and friendship with a community of like-minded people, take a look at what OLLI has to offer. It might be just the right club for you!
Lost Twin Cities Video
As a follow up to the March 16 Spring Forum, below you will find a link to the TPT program "Lost Twin Cities III". The segment on "the flats" begins at 47 minutes.
Important Registration Dates | Spring 2015
- Online Registration Opens: Tuesday, March 10, 9:00 a.m.
- Online Registration Ends: Sunday, March 14
- Registration by phone or email only: Monday, March 16 - Wednesday, March 18, 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Registration ends Wednesday, March 18, 4:00 p.m.
- Dropping a course: As a courtesy to the Course Leader and other OLLI members, please notify the office as soon as you know that you will not be attending a course
- Spring | Registration opens: Mar. 10, 9 a.m. Courses run Mar. 23 - May 15
- Summer | Registration opens: May 19, 9 a.m. Courses run Jun. 1 - Jun. 26